What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A seed is sprouting!

I wasn't sure yesterday or the day before, but it looks like one of the three VFT seeds I planted is sprouting! That or a green worm is coming out of the ground and sucking out the innards of the seed.
wink.gif

Once it gets all the way out of it's shell, I'm going to move it to its own pot. Right now I have 3 seeds in a 6" pot. Which makes it look even smaller!

biggrin.gif

heres a tip for making round object look bigger , but its hard to remeber , http://www.optillusions.com/dp/1-15.htm , surround the object with small or big rocks ( i can't remember ) and it'll make the small object in the middle look bigger , works if your wife wnats a big ring but you can only afford a small ring
tounge.gif

I don't have a wife.
sad.gif
I don't think I can find round objects small enough to make that little guy look bigger. I guess I'll just have to wait.
smile.gif

Congrats! They're really cute when they're young. I have a few sprouts myself. Oh, they grow up so fast!
wink.gif

Anyway, if you have just three in a six inch pot, you may as well leave them for now...

o_O I fail to see how 5 years to maturity is a fast growing plant, lol!

Congratulations!!! Schloaty, I HAVE NINETEEN OF 'EM! BWAH!! LOL j/k
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I HAVE NINETEEN OF 'EM! BWAH!! LOL j/k [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I only had about 15 seeds, and I think there are 9 ro 10 seedlings...so
tounge.gif

wink.gif

These were a little over a month old when the photo was taken.

20030920-CP-display-D.muscipula-propagation-seedlings-1month.jpg

Schloaty - they are your seedlings cousins!!

WildBill

Back