What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A lot of pictures from the mountains. 56K suicide.

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I have a LOT of pictures from the mountains. First part is our property and where the lake drains, second is a hike on a neighbors property.

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

DSC03771.jpg

DSC03774.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03779.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03815.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

DSC03822.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03639.jpg

DSC03640.jpg

DSC03641.jpg

DSC03642.jpg

DSC03645.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03660.jpg

DSC03668.jpg

DSC03671.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

DSC03678.jpg

DSC03680.jpg

DSC03684.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

DSC03687.jpg

DSC03689.jpg

DSC03690.jpg

DSC03696.jpg

DSC03697.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03700.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

Such beautiful land and great pics!
I would love to live in such a place; but for now, Im stuck in the big city.

I don't live there if you think I do, but thanks. My parents drag me along on the weekends. I don't think I could take living there lol. You're really in Deliverance country up there hehe. real hill-folk live up in them there mounans, boyeh.

I forgot these.

DSC03732.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

Woah. Awesome. I would love to live there. It's so green! You know what the pink/white flowers and the orange flowers are? Thanks for sharing those. I really enjoyed them all.

xvart.

Sure. The pink flowers are Kalmia latifolia, the white ones are Robinia pseudoacacia, and the orange ones are Rhododendron calendulaceum (I think) and I must say that this Azalea is my favorite native bush/tree. As you can see it's very large and nothing like the Azaela you see in people's gardens. I've actually never seen this plant outside high elevations, but they are pretty common once you go into the mountains. I'm glad we have some in our yard. The flowerless (for now) Rhododenron I showed above are my second favorite native bush/tree, but their white flower's can't compete.

Why are they called the "Blue Ridge" mountains? That mountain looks pretty green to me. What you can't see in the picture is the other side of the lake, which has like.. six of them. I'll have to pay attention and see if they're blue next time. I guess I've never really looked.

Edit: Humph. I guess they really are blue. I thought all mountains looked like that from a distance. We have since cut down that little dogwood. Sad, I know, but the view is nicer. They wouldn't cut down the two hickory trees beside it, unfortunately.
DSC02025.jpg

The forest(not the plants in particular) looks like a hybrid of parts of Hawaii and Oregon :) The grassy hills and forest looks like wiamea weird. Those are some very nice pics :D

Wow, beautiful! Boy, it's been a while since I've seen Canada Geese! Thanks for sharing! I'd love to live there!

Freakin LOVELY Clint! I would love to live in a place like that. So beautiful!

WOW. That is nature heaven. If I lived there, I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven. No one would have to drag me there! They'd have to drag me away.

TRILLIUMS? Man!

LOVED the pics. Wish I were there.

The Blue Ridge mountains are blue here. :) And Canada geese are everywhere here. They are about as common as chickens. I like 'em but they have become pests in a lot of areas.

WOW! What exotic plants!

They're temperate. It is really nice in the heat of the summer, when all the giant ferns and stuff are out. It's like Jurassic park. Right now only the "cinnamon" on the cinnamon ferns are out.

Pak, if you want trillium just let me know. There's no shortage of them, and in fact there are so many you can't help but trample them.. If you want any other weeds like Solomon's seal, I can help you in that department too lol. $4.80 will get you as many as you'd like. I think you're really into native plants, IIRC.

Beautiful, but I hate to see all that water sitting in a lake when it could be sprayed on chemically enhanced suburban lawns extending all those miles around Atlanta. Although that might be where the stream and waterfalls are taking the water.

Back