What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A flower stalk?

I think this one was a flowerstalk.
I want to cut it because I cannot afford having a bunch of D scattered around..
So maybe nextime I will let it bloom, but not now.
I hope there's still time to cut it down because I left my plants for 5 days and I came back and saw this.
Flickr

Yes it is a flower stalk and yes you have plenty of time to cut it off before it flowers and sets seed, if you want to, so there is no time panic.
It looks short of light too, can you give it more sunlight?
Cheers
Steve

I havta leave my house 5days a week. So everytime that I havta leave, i put my Intermedia in my porch where it will receive bright tropical indirect light.
When I was home, I can sun it all day (Sat, Sun). Only 2 days a week it can receive direct sunlight...
I dont have any choice tho. If I left it sunned for 5 days, the water will be gone after 2 days (I'm in Indonesia where the sun shined like hell)..
Even in the porch, the water level (4 times my normal usage of water) was empty after 5days.
And my spahgnum had a soft whitey thingie, quite near the root system. Idk if that's fungus or what..

But thankyou for the confirmation. Dont want to miss-cut it.

Its actually very very dewy, just not red. But the light and the cam wasnt that good. :(

Last edited:
Flickr
New condition of flowerstalk. I was hoping to get a new plantlets from the stalk. But, well, the stalk refuses all attempt to be laid down and now was sitting straight upward with weird blackish thingies..
What is that anyways

Back