What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few shot of my collection

It didn't read as if it was why you had the wrong ID; I got why that was your actual conclusion out of it, and so responded in order. Clearly there was a bit of confusion, there was no intent to demean or otherwise, but misidentified plants are a huge issue in the CP world and it seems relatively few people actually attempt to correct the problem so I try to and explain conclusions where I can.

It didn't read as if it was why you had the wrong ID; I got why that was your actual conclusion out of it, and so responded in order. Clearly there was a bit of confusion, there was no intent to demean or otherwise, but misidentified plants are a huge issue in the CP world and it seems relatively few people actually attempt to correct the problem so I try to and explain conclusions where I can.

I can agree on that note. Some plants look different under some conditions, which can lead to misidentification as well. I think that it is good to correctly label plants, but people could call them whatever so long as they do not try to sell them. Correct identification is aided by good pictures from different angles, in addition to details of age, growing conditions, nursery, etc.
Sorry for my hostility btw.

This thread had me tense there for a little bit... but nice plant people prevail! :-D

...I mean, I shoulda jumped in earlier, because it seems mostly done, but I just wanted to toss in a pic of my plant because its a different colour variation of ventricosa but again it displays the flat peristome that's one of the defining features of ventricosa:
IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

This thread had me tense there for a little bit... but nice plant people prevail! :-D

...I mean, I shoulda jumped in earlier, because it seems mostly done, but I just wanted to toss in a pic of my plant because its a different colour variation of ventricosa but again it displays the flat peristome that's one of the defining features of ventricosa:
View attachment 3763

View attachment 3764

Gorgeous! Is that the porcelain form?

It's definitely an exceptional clone of ventricosa. Have you ever flowered it?

It's definitely an exceptional clone of ventricosa. Have you ever flowered it?

Nope. Five years after first acquiring it, it's still the same size and still in a 4" pot, still rosette. I hear they're slooooooow so maybe in like... when the clippies bloom too in 50 years? :-))

Nope. Five years after first acquiring it, it's still the same size and still in a 4" pot, still rosette. I hear they're slooooooow so maybe in like... when the clippies bloom too in 50 years? :-))

I think there has only ever been one recorded case of porcelain flowering, and it was a female but did not produce viable seeds when pollinated.

Back