What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of cultivars

I had my camera handy so I thought I may as well take a photo or two.

Top: A young division of Dionaea muscipula 'Pink Venus'
Bottom: D. muscipula 'Green Sawtooth' with an "empty", the exoskeleton of an eaten fly.

21864108365_57103d5c1c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I got a reply :-O

More?

Top: Big Mouth
Bottom: Sawtooth

21243047003_6b22d732fc_o.jpg

Top: Bohemian Garnet
Bottom: Shark's Teeth

21874023531_bc606c7b78_o.jpg

Last edited:
My strong personal preference is for the more "normal" looking vfts like your 'Pink Venus' or 'Big Mouth'. That said, Bohemian Garnet is an attractive one. :)

I have 'Pink Venus' and its a favorite. Such a unique color. Nice plants, Sir Fred!

My strong personal preference is for the more "normal" looking vfts like your 'Pink Venus' or 'Big Mouth'. That said, Bohemian Garnet is an attractive one. :)

I would have said that this little selection is composed entirely of 'normal looking' Dionaea. There are quite a few mutant ones out there. I think someone who lives next to a nuclear reactor is breeding them.

Thank you young Paul.

Last edited:
This Fused-tooth looks a little more less 'normal' but the fused tooth traps are only grown for a short period in summer. The rest of the time it's quite normal.

21852567542_55f10d1991_o.jpg

Last edited:
An old cultivar but still colourful and easy

21720159510_b596a5a2f2_o.jpg

Very nice... The red cultivars especially look great.

Gotta love those red cultivars. For you, is your pink venus really slow and weak? Out of my red vfts, it's the slowest one

They look great fred :) you'd prob like the new VFT cults i added to my photo thread their more normal looking but absolutely beautiful traps, teeth and color!

Gorgeous looking flytraps! How well does the bohemian garnet grow?

Hopefully my new additions will be photo worthy this spring. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Especially the ones coming from Europe.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Back