What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello People! My name is <clip probably not her <clip> and i am the founder of <clip> a company that came to spam your forum<clip>. I am new here on terraforums.

Here are some fantastic and beautiful collection of flowers which i would like to share with you all.

Visit here - <clip> nah, actually don't. <clip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Suzanne, and thank you for making your very first post to Terraforums a big old spammy spam advertisement for yourself!! We LOVE that SO much.

I was bored. :D

20190626225217-55784b99.png

Awww... they deleted it already.
At least they emailed me though...

Subject: Someone posting on your forms

Body:
Andrew , how are you ? I saw you posted on our facebook regarding someone posting on your forums. If you would be so
Kind to provide the email of the user who posting regarding bloom and birch as I need proof to fire the responsible party . I take spamming very very seriously and want to take swift action

Best

Sent from my iPhone

(They didn't sign the email, but I would have removed the name before posting anyway)
Got a message through FB as I sent them a reply with all the information I could gather asking again for the info. They seem sincere about wanting to get to the bottom of it.
No hard feelings. It was a bit fun though. :p

Spam as entertainment - a fun twist! Fbook is such a mixed bag and I can't see any real efforts to clean it up.

Their final conclusion gave not too long after the start of our discussion... was that it was their competitor that created the account and spammed here. The email address they registered with had SEO in it, and the IP address linked to India. I find it hard to conclude that their competitor hired a cheap SEO company to destroy their rep. lmao It is also suspicious that they came to that conclusion so quickly. oh well.

Either way it is on them. If they did it they know that. If they didn't, then they need to handle that problem. You did the right thing

Their final conclusion gave not too long after the start of our discussion... was that it was their competitor that created the account and spammed here. The email address they registered with had SEO in it, and the IP address linked to India. I find it hard to conclude that their competitor hired a cheap SEO company to destroy their rep. lmao It is also suspicious that they came to that conclusion so quickly. oh well.

We will never know the truth, because they have no reason to reveal what they know, their only motivation is to limit damage.

I'm the one that alerted them to the spamming of Terraforums. I messaged the company using their live chat utility and let them know that the act of spamming our group was inappropriate and violated the rules of sign-up. The person I spoke with was puzzled by the occurrence and very apologetic, and asked me to speak on their behalf to the forum and apologize (I declined, suggesting instead they contact Terraforums management and correct the problem directly). This person did indicate that they employ an ad agency of some kind to promote them, and its possible this agency is unscrupulous and inclined to spam anyone in order to achieve volume, so who knows - it could be a "third party problem".

I have no way of knowing whether their apology and surprise was real, or disingenuous, but I don't buy the "our competitor is trying to damage our reputation" bit.

Last edited:
Thanks for reaching out to them, interesting that they never contacted me until I wrote on their FB page about it and then they contacted me very quickly. So seems like they really didn't care until I started posting to their platforms to show their potential customers what was going on.

Back