What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 unknown succlulents

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date

glider14

Always a newbie
hello! got these 2 nights ago at wally world. can anyone ID them for me?
#1- my favorite :D
IMG_1193.jpg

#2- many growing points
IMG_1194.jpg

#3- swirly star shaped (Astrophytum myriostigma) CHECK
IMG_1195.jpg

#4- nice purple stripes
IMG_1197.jpg

#5- might die... not looking so hot
IMG_1196.jpg

#6- another pretty one
IMG_1198.jpg

Thanks very much!
Alex

Number 3 is Astrophytum myriostigma

#5 looks fine to me. What do you think it might die?

xvart.

#2 is a variety of Echinopsis. I had one for a while, until the last freeze got it. Grows fast and makes large clumps. Also flowers pretty easily. I will try to pin down the full name for this one. The common name is usually Peanut cactus.

I don't think number two looks like E. chamaecereus at all.

Sorry. You're right. I had the wrong eye glasses on (sigh)

Would you believe a mammillaria elongata? At least something in the mammillaria family?

mammillariaelongata.jpg

#5 looks fine to me. What do you think it might die?

xvart.

leaves are dropping like flies. it might not...im a newbie at succulents...they have only caught my interest recently so i have no idea if its something to worry about :)

thanks about that ID JLAP and you too bpullin!
Alex

You're welcome. I hope it helped. I'm going to go on a limb and say that #4 and maybe #5 are members of the Crassula family, the same as Jade plants. Hey, even #6 could be. If they are, it would be real easy to start new plants from leaf cuttings. If the leaves that are falling off aren't too shriveled, put the end of it in some damp soil and see what happens.

Back