What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Annual Pine Barrens Trip!! - July 10-12

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Wow, it's hard to believe that this is going to be the 5th year now! :banana2:
NJ Pine Barrens Trip

Where: (New Jersey Pine Barrens) Wharton State Forest. Atsion camp grounds.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html

When: This years camping trip will be Friday July 10 - Sunday afternoon the 12th.

Like most years I will be there first thing in the morning on Friday.
I leave Thursday after work and Geocache the whole way there and arrive late Thursday / early Friday morning.

It sounds like Ron and his wife is planning on heading there on Thursday as well.

I have camp site #10 and Ron has #8.

Like most years, nothing is etched in stone. We explore by car, foot and boat. Boat being the best way to see the nature all around this wonderful place.

You can get a limited taste of what you can see at the Pine Barrens from these 2 links:
2008 Trip

2007 Trip

Anyone is welcome to come along.
Hope to see you there.

It sounds like Ron and his wife is planning on heading there on Thursday as well. I have camp site #10 and Ron has #8.
Yup - really looking forward to it!! Each Barrens trip I've been on has been both educational & a lot of fun. Checking out 'known' CP sites & exploring new ones is great - as is the time spent with other folks with similar interests. Last year, in between our wanderings, we spent 1-2 hours chowing down in one of those all-you-can-eat buffet places while talking CP. Beyond the CP, the wildlife & scenery in the Barrens is really amazing. If you haven't yet, check out the links Steve included to get an idea ....

I would love to come, but I'm half the country away here in Florida.

Maybe a few years in the future.

Ron,
Got word from Gale that he got site #12.

I'll post this over on the ICPS soon and see if Rich wants to show up also.

All packed up to head out after work tomorrow.

Weather is looking great for this outing.

Everyone is welcome to come on out.

Darn. I'm on the other side of the country! Hope you guys have fun today!

Can't wait to see the photos from this trip! Wish I were going. :)

I'll get some pics posted in a few days.
It was a great time.

It was a great time.
Agreed!! It continues to amaze me how many CPs you can see in one place - literally everywhere you look ... :0o: In addition, the scenery was great & wildlife was abundant .... and, of course, the excellent conversations with friends ... :slap: :D

While I probably had more than one "1st" on the trip, the passive-aggressive 'attack-swan' was definitely a new one for me ... :glare:

Awww...I love swans! But they can be hissy. I'm glad y'all had a fun trip. I can only imagine the :slap: conversation. lol

Back