What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 pounds of grass...

SEED that is!

The first couple handfuls of Oat Grass has come up from the 5 pound sack of "cat grass seed" I bought off Ebay. It has much better germination rates than the stuff from the pet store as well. I got tired of buying those little packets of cat grass and peat in the pet food aisle every week or two only to get a few sprigs of grass that my cats can mow down in a few minutes. Now I have a gallon size ziplock bag full of those seeds. Should last a year or more, the seed may even expire before I even use it all!

If your critters like eating the grass, the only seller on there who sells the bulk bags of seed by the lb has "good stuff"! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/5lb-OAT-WHEAT-SEED-PET-CAT-DOG-GRASS-SUMMER-SUPPLY_W0QQitemZ330320990610QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330320990610&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

I bought a small bag of wheat grass seeds on ebay. Germination rate is almost 100%, should last me forever.

SOB.....i thought you were gonna be throwing a party....was gonna pack my bags and head your way and everything......

SOB.....i thought you were gonna be throwing a party....was gonna pack my bags and head your way and everything......

I was right with you! oh well, your cats should have a good party at least. Wait thats katnip lol. same thing. :)

Oddly my cats don't care for fresh catnip, I bought them a few live plants one time at the garden center and they just ignored it. But if they seem me get out the blue baggie of dried "Meowie Wowie" from the desk they get crazy even before I give it to them! lol!

the local cats ignored my fresh catnip untill mid summer when the plant was large and the first leaves of spring started dieing and drying out....than the cats would show up and flatten the whole clump.......

Ah, must be that drying releases some kind of oils.

that would be my guess, the leaves dry out, cell walls break and release the oils.......

Back