What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5-Hour Energy Drink-Shot Thing

• Thread starter obregon562
  • Start date

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hey guys,

I woke up extremely tired today. Always fun. I got a bottle of this stuff (5-Hour Energy), the ones in the little red-orange container, that promised all this great stuff.

Anyway, i was reading the the nutrition facts, and two of the main ingredients were in concentrations ive never, ever seen before. One B-vitamin was 8333% of the daily recommended amount PER SERVING, and there were 4 servings in the litte bottle! Another something was 2000%, and most were above 100% PER SERVING!

I did the math real quick and thats like 25000% of your daily needs of that one vitamin. Daaaaaamn! Your covered for, what, 250 days?

I just found it insane. Anyone drink this stuff regularly? I'll never get it again, that stuff frickin scares me! I might as well drink my plants Superthrive, or maybe give this stuff to them haha!
-Frankie

Aren't those bottles always tiny though? I always thought those things had to super concentrated if they packed all that energy crap into that tiny bottle, but the scale how much is actually in there is shocking. Ick...

I get my vitamins from my food! This might be a conspiracy theory I made up, but I think half of that crap is synthesized from coal tar in China.

Holy crap. I never knew it'd go over 1000%. LOL. Wow, that's insane. A teacher at my school ( who I wish was one of my teachers D: ) drank one before, and she said she fell asleep from it. 8333%? Dang.

HMmm my local mini-mart carries those, I'll have to readt the tag.

Yikes! that's scary, 5 hours?! what liars :D its a great deal for ya, 250 days of vitamins :D

I am a teacher and I do use it on groggy days. If I am not on top of my game the kids catch on very quickly and will take advantage.

I have not experienced any negative side effects. I like it because I just feel awake and ready to go without the caffeine buzz or jitters I can get from several cups of coffee.

If it doesn't have guarana in it, it ain't worth drinking.
Thats my motto anyways.:jester:

Fosho Andrew! :D

I love a can of Monster before a lacrosse/soccer/basketball/anything game. The flavor is great and the energy is a bonus lol.

Monsters make me all jittery, but they are good!

I've always wanted to try this stuff, though.

I have also noticed the insane values of that drink. But most other energy drinks are just loaded with sugar and caffeine as well as other herb extracts and vitamins. Personally I avoid them all.

Holy crap. I never knew it'd go over 1000%. LOL. Wow, that's insane. A teacher at my school ( who I wish was one of my teachers D: ) drank one before, and she said she fell asleep from it. 8333%? Dang.

Once you hit what you body needs, you just urinate the rest out. And sometimes in fun colors!

-Nate

I've never tried something like that. I had one of those energy sodas once that come in the huge cans - the ones that look like a mortar shell - I only took a few sips and dumped it out. Awful, it seemed to be nothing but liquid salt.

I like Kona coffee and something called "Highlander Grog" coffee which is good. I don't think it does anything for me energy-wise though cos I can fall asleep right after drinking it. I usually only drink 2-3 cups throughout a day when I'm home. I don't drink anything but tap water the rest of the time. I guess I've been tired so long i don't remember what it's like to have "pep" anymore. :D

Since B12 is a water-soluble vitamin the excess will just pass through your body the same day that you consume it. Don't worry too much about it.

Don't worry and don't pay money for it either!

Since B12 is a water-soluble vitamin the excess will just pass through your body the same day that you consume it. Don't worry too much about it.

Those things have all sounded gross to me and I've never had any of them. Ugh.

Just eat some popcorn. :) Or a donut. :) Or country ham. :D

bout impossible to overdose from vitamins B and C as someone said they are water soluble so your kidneys kick the excess out relatively easily......A, D and E however are fat soluble and can be trouble in high quantities....example of this, the Inuit who normally use every part of an animal they kill will not touch polar bear liver cause its so high in Vitamin A its toxic to ppl.......Vitamin E in large doses acts like a blood thinner.....

Vitamin K is a blood coagulant...an antidote to rat poison. Found that out the hard way. :-/

You can get carotene poisoning from eating too many carrots.

A glass of 2% reduced milk and a glass of 100% high pulp orange juice is all it takes for me in the morning. :-O

I don't know if that much vitamin B is lethal, but it sounds like there's enough to make you pretty sick. By my experience, 83x (or is it 332x?) your normal dose of B vitamins should leave you dazed, itchy and searching desperately for a urinal.
~Joe

Back