What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Dead, 9 wounded in shooting at LA Fitness In Bridgeville PA.

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
Not only my home state, 2 miles away. Also swords, normally my news doesnt do such scary stories when kids could be watching, but yesterday had been talking about this all day. It interrupted the performances of americas got talent, and i ran upstairs and told my dad to turn on the tv.
THe "scariest" story was a body wrapped in a carpet, unless somethings breaking news. they save it for 10 oclock.

You mentioned "a body in a carpet" so now you have to sit through an off-topic story...:offtopic:

I was coming home from work one night and pulled alongside a truck that was all painted up with a mafia guy holding a machine gun and the logo "Godfather's Exterminating". I started thinking that instead of bug killer maybe the truck was full of bodies rolled up in carpets! :D

Lol! But anyways, im just saying that was the scariest on the 5ocklock news, like you said about scary., back on topic

I thought it was really weird when WCCO started announcing that they weren't going to do some stories "because of the children". I think it's totally silly. I was a kid (and I still act like one) but I don't think kids don't need to be "innocent" (ignorant) and hidden from the world. I always watched the news with my parents and/or grandparents even as a little kid. Nobody ever held their hands over my eyes at a shocking sight or shielded my ears from real language. If I had questions about it - which I always did, we'd discuss it.

Yeah, i've watched the news since i was eight. back then, i had to leave the room for a few stories, but other than that, i watched.

I think kids who lead sheltered lives should realize many other people don't.

I think kids who lead sheltered lives should realize many other people don't.

pregnancy testing cows in the fall.....by hand.......pulling stuck calves in the spring.....castrating those same calves with a knife a few months later......killing critters cause they were after livestock or just for food.....checking over cows that have been dead a week to figure out what killed 'em.....before i was 12....aint going to show me anything on a TV screen thats much worse.......the smells get to yah much worse than anything visual :D

I remember spending weeks in the summer on my uncles farm when I was a kid, the smells are the worst! I'm a gagger/barfer, so if it's something horrible smelling that I ain't used to, get away from me the first time I get a whiff of it - I may hurl! :D
My first exposure to the concept of "birth" was being woken up in the middle of the night to go outside and see his wild mare Lightning have her first calf.

How many foals did she have before she had that calf? I bet it was a helluva shock to everyone there.

Back