What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30 Aug 2015 : Time lapse of a Nepenthes pitcher growth....

Ever since I gotten nepenthes a few months back and seen pitcher forming. I am very curious how they grow. I've decided to make a time lapse video project on one of the N. Rafflesiana. After a week or more. I've capture the footage of 1 and been working on the video. Well it's done now.

here's the video...
Best viewed in 720 or 1080 hd and full screen. (option at setting icon bottom right of video)

Last edited:
Nicely done! I think I was as captivated by watching the growth on the other plants almost as much as I was with the Nep. :)

Lovely! Nicely put together, thanks for posting.

So cool! It was especially fascinating to watch the other sundews grow and put out flower stalks within the time that one pitcher formed. Then also interesting to see how the new pitcher opened just as the old pitcher started to droop. Very well done, thank you for sharing.

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I loved it all, you even had the music climax in the right spot :)
Andrew

great video! I wouldn't mind if you made more like this :)

Awesome video!!!:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Ramon:D

Nicely done! I think I was as captivated by watching the growth on the other plants almost as much as I was with the Nep. :)
Thank you. It will be good to have a cp collection time lapse to see how plants grow. I was thinking of that way too but some people has already done it with good artificial background.

Lovely! Nicely put together, thanks for posting.
Thanks KD :)

So cool! It was especially fascinating to watch the other sundews grow and put out flower stalks within the time that one pitcher formed. Then also interesting to see how the new pitcher opened just as the old pitcher started to droop. Very well done, thank you for sharing.
Thanks, you are very observant. I think the burmannii has been stressed under some long photoperoid.

Very cool to see!
Thanks you for your kinds comment!

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I loved it all, you even had the music climax in the right spot :)
Andrew
The music length was almost just nice too, thanks!

great video! I wouldn't mind if you made more like this :)
I hope to do more, there are more time lapse in my youtube uploads, do check them out if you are interested. Thank you!

Awesome video!!!:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Ramon:D
Wow Thanks !

Nice work!
I hope you enjoyed it :)

**** any one noticed Ants and a couple different spiders?

Last edited:
That was absolutely amazing i enjoyed watching the flower stalks growing up and the drosera leaves opening up on your dews and the lid on the other raff already established lifting and closing moving up and down and at one point it was actually moving down while the new one was opening up it was simply amazing! I love this video and I'm gonna share this with my friends daughter whose doing a small show and tell project for her class with an N. Amp when its replacement gets here. Wow i gatta watch this again this is great. Thanks so much for sharing i hope u do another video like this it was amazing to see how many new leaves the dew on the pot the raffs growing near produced in just a few days. Simply amazing and very well done. Thanks for submitting this here!!

Last edited:
That was absolutely amazing i enjoyed watching the flower stalks growing up and the drosera leaves opening up on your dews and the lid on the other raff already established lifting and closing moving up and down and at one point it was actually moving down while the new one was opening up it was simply amazing! I love this video and I'm gonna share this with my friends daughter whose doing a small show and tell project for her class with an N. Amp when its replacement gets here. Wow i gatta watch this again this is great. Thanks so much for sharing i hope u do another video like this it was amazing to see how many new leaves the dew on the pot the raffs growing near produced in just a few days. Simply amazing and very well done. Thanks for submitting this here!!

Thank you for watching and noticing all the details and also your kind comments too. Please use this for educational purpose by all means and I am happy people get to learn from this video. The honour is all mine :)

Very awesome video tish. I love time-lapse videos, but this was the first time I've seen one trained on a Nepenthes. Like the others, the progression of the plants surrounding it was very interesting as well. Wonderful choice of music. :D

Very awesome video tish. I love time-lapse videos, but this was the first time I've seen one trained on a Nepenthes. Like the others, the progression of the plants surrounding it was very interesting as well. Wonderful choice of music. :D
Thank you Zath! Your comments are very much appreciated :)

I can't wait to show my friends daughter its very rare people get to watch and notice the changes, we see them but not all at once and its just amazing to see it like this all at once uninterrupted and unblocked by anything but the surrounding growth of the other plants growing in the background :) its beautiful and it was done perfectly thanks for sharing and for letting me share it with my friends daughter this would be great for her to show to get class when sharing her project on her N. Amp im getting for her :)

I can't wait to show my friends daughter its very rare people get to watch and notice the changes, we see them but not all at once and its just amazing to see it like this all at once uninterrupted and unblocked by anything but the surrounding growth of the other plants growing in the background :) its beautiful and it was done perfectly thanks for sharing and for letting me share it with my friends daughter this would be great for her to show to get class when sharing her project on her N. Amp im getting for her :)
I can't wait to know the reactions too. keep us posted :)

That was so cool to see, and you did a really good job! Feel free to make more :laaa:

That was so cool to see, and you did a really good job! Feel free to make more :laaa:

Hey thanks! Once in a while I see something nice growing I will start again :)

Beautiful pitchers. What do you feed/fertilize with?

Back