What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away For Active Members 2021 S. oreophila Gift/Giveaway

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
Hi everyone,
I am offering three dormant S. oreophila "Alabama" division lots as gifts. You do not pay anything for the plants and I will ship to you at no cost to you. I am trying to get this plant out into other growers hands and encouraging them to pay it forward when they can. Please read this post carefully.

Older photos of the mother plant:

rfi8paj.jpg

oUylobH.jpg

Lots in this giveaway are as follows:
LOT A: 1 large division, 1 small division: Claimed by zacher93
LOT B: 1 medium division, 2 small divisions: Claimed by plantsnfish
LOT C: 4 small divisions: Claimed by Nikki630

Read the qualifications below very carefully and be honest!
1) Must have been with TerraForums for 2 or more years.
2) Must be located in the lower 48 US states.
3) Must be outside of the state of California.
4) Must not currently have a S. oreophila in their collection.
5) Must have grown Sarrs successfully for two years or more.
6) Must promise to pay it forward and give away future divisions as gifts (when you have extra divisions).

The first three qualifying people to respond and post letting me know which single lot they want will be contacted by me via PM. I will ask you for your shipping address and then, send the divisions your way this week.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Ready? GO!

Last edited:
Hello! Thanks for this awesome offer! I believe I fit all of the criteria above. Would love to grow these awesome plants and share the love! If I had to pick I would go for lot A or B but it doesn’t matter to me. :)
I’ve grown a few types of sarrs before for more than two years. Would like to get back into pitcher plants again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello! Thanks for this awesome offer! I believe I fit all of the criteria above. Would love to grow these awesome plants and share the love! If I had to pick I would go for lot A or B but it doesn’t matter to me. :)
I’ve grown a few types of sarrs before for more than two years. Would like to get back into pitcher plants again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent.
Lot A is taken. Lots B and C are available.

Last edited:
Would have qualified for all but #4, was hoping to expand the genetic variety of oreophila I've got...was hoping to have a bunch of seeds to start giving away later this year from all the flowers I've got coming up for another clone.

Hello,

I would like to take place in your giveaway. I do think I fit all the criteria required.

I used to have a few oreophilas but they have since been given to friends. I would be honored to have another chance at this plant. All extra divisions will end up back here on Terraforums :)
I also wanted to say that the plants in your photos are absolutely beautiful specimens!
I will ask for Lot B, but if somebody claims it before this post is published I will take Lot C.

Thank you for your generosity!

I do believe I qualify -- lot B if available

I have been a member since 2006
I live in NY
I do not have Sarr oreophila
Been growing Sarr for ever .... or at least 10 years
And I will definitely pay it forward .. I already know at least one person I will give a piece too

Thanks for your generosity .. whether I get one or not.

Nicole

Last edited:
plantsnfish and Nikki630, I have PM'ed you. Please check your inbox.

All lots have been claimed.

Supper Happy give-away! Hugs and High Fives all around!

I need to check this sub more often! Stunning plants joossa! Congrats to the new oreo growers!

Back