What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12'' diameter N. ventricosa 6'' pitchers

so i got the guts to takeout my nepentese ventricosa (red) out of the terra, didn't realise it was so big, it fits just perfectly in a 12'' HB. i present you:
DSC05964.jpg

HB before had a smaller n. ventricosa and a d. capensis, they never got the chance for a fair trial
hbofcps.jpg

ventricosa in the terra 3 months ago
Jardinbotanique2053.jpg

After
DSC05962.jpg

6'' pitcher
DSC05963.jpg

i was never really able to get a good look at it, but now it's out, it seems a little yellow along the margins, what is this a sign of, does anyone know? :)

You took your vent outta the terrarium? How did it do adjusting? I have a vent that is now about 9 inches tall and about 10 inches wide. It has taken over much of my terrarium. I have a green house to move it to with even better lighting but I have been hesitant due to humidity. I dont think it will have the 80 percent humidity it is used to will it do fine in say 50 percent humidity? I am excited to grow neps outside of a terrarium I am just hesitant to kill any of them. I need expendables lol. I am going to grow capensis outside this year! its fun to experiment with seeds.

lol oregon, i grew my capensis outside for awhile in summer, and we are basically in the same climate if your still in oregon. It flowered and i timed it late for seeds, seed got EVERYWHERE in the part of the yard...Capensis will grow almost anywhere i found out ~_~ So i spent the last bit of the summer picking up capensis seedlings, and im sure the winter killed off the rest of the babies.

and im sure the winter killed off the rest of the babies.

Until you walk outside in spring and see a corner of your yard taken over by cold-resistant capensis.

I wanted to comment on the Ventricosa too, really nice plant. I would say it will do fine in a lower humidity environment, but you might not get as many pitchers all at once.

Back