What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your vote?

It only took me twenty minutes to vote at 10:00 this morning.
Everyone was polite and they seem well informed as the line moved quickly.  The only thing that bothered me were the so called "poll watchers"...mostly lawyers hired by the DNC and RNC...that hung around like a bunch of vultures just waiting for some percieved problem to appear.
Micheal  Moore has 2500 cameramen stationed at various polling locations throughout South Florida to see what kind of dirt they can dig up.  Boca Raton passed a law that makes it illegal to photograph voters standing in line and one reporter was hauled off to jail.
It would be interesting to see how long it took all of you to vote and if you had any "experiences" at your polling place.

i went at 830 CST this morning. no line or nothing. took me about 5 minutes, i reckon. being in a small town in Wisconsin, i didn't notice any poll watchers or anything like that. however, the little old ladies didn't ask for my ID, which I thought kind of odd and maybe just not right.

i voted absentee but Darla voted this morning. took her under 10 minutes.

That's because you're not in a minority neighborhood, lauderdale, where you'd find your GOP "poll watchers" doing their best to suppress the minority vote. Just like in 2000 when thousands of eligible minority voters were illegally purged from the rolls. We won't let that happen again.

Oh, I voted yesterday when I was back in the bay area since I'm out of town right now. It was easy and quick, and I didn't see any monitors.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]by capslock - That's because you're not in a minority neighborhood, lauderdale, where you'd find your GOP "poll watchers" doing their best to suppress the minority vote.
 Sounds a little far fetched to me.  Do GOP operatives sneak around and kidnap Democratic voters?  Or perhaps ply them with liquor, or money, or heaven forbid...women?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Aaaah Ha! Then the DNC poll watchers must go to the rich...who just happen to be a minority... neighborhoods and try to suppress their vote.  That would be fair and it would all balance out.
Just like Bill O'Reilly...fair and balanced.

By the way Caps, are you aware that six of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were legally registered to vote?

All I know about the hijackers is that they were mostly Saudis funded through Afghanistan. Not Iraq.

Seriously, I'm all for keeping the vote fair. In California, you don't even have to show ID to vote, which I think is odd. Whether it's purging minority voters or targeting minority neighborhoods, or registering fake voters, or not counting valid votes, it's all a big hit on the legitimacy of our democracy, and anyone taking part in it should be ashamed.

May the best man win!!!

Capslock

It took my parents all morning, but i guess it's because i live in NYC. They were told of another location uptown so they were over there, and there was only 1 person in line! lol.

Took me 2 seconds because I faxed my absentee ballot.. but from what I've seen there are fairly large lines at most voting locations..

It took me a long time, but it was more my fault.  It was a hard decision and I wish that I could have voted for the better man than the lesser of two evils.  It would help if the canidates would give straight details on what they would do and what they believed instead of what the other did or does wrong.   Ya get sick of the little side step.

When coming back from school, there weren't any big lines in the fire station. and it's in the middle of a shopping center

Took me 3.5 hours of standing in line. I also didn't have to show my ID

It was busy all day out here in Cypress, TX ! Boy has this little place mushroomed! First time around noon I just drove on by..very busy. Went back around 2 and stood in line for approx 1 hour to vote. It seemed to be going smoothly. I had my voters card that is mailed to your house and no other identification was requested. Can't wait to see who wins this one
biggrin.gif

As usual, whenever I have voted, they have you sign a registration book which has your signature from the last time you voted.  In my small town, there was a very small line at dinnertime when I voted & I heard them say they expected a huge crowd after dinner.  Polls are open in New York until 9 PM.  There has also been a cold rain all day but that doesn't seem to be keeping folks away from the polls.  
My son, Jonathan, will be 18 in 12 days & is quite upset he's not able to vote this year.  (I told him he should keep that in mind for when he plans a family.  
laugh.gif
 )  I brought him into the booth with me so he could actually see the process.  Next best thing.  It was difficult to keep from discussing the candidates with him, people were waiting.  
biggrin.gif

man i know how he feels

Ah, well, go ahead & blame your parents for their lousy timing, like he did.

20 minutes

It took me about 20 mins. Here we only have to sign a paper. Strange. We also use the same punch card that Fl used last time. I'm use to touch screens that North Carolina uses.

Congratulations to all of you that voted.  It was the largest turnout in American history...kinda' makes me proud to be a U.S. citizen.
Win, lose or draw...we did our duty as citizens and that is what it is all about.

I went after work. I walked right up and immediately was able to sign in and start voting. (Well actually, they had to wait on me to get my card out of my wallet, etc.)

Back