What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh crap, Wisconsin. I definitely wouldn't try it then. :p

Indeed. The Arctic Tundra.

I might as well go live in central Antarctica.

I overwinter Sarrs outside in Zone 6 CT.

My first cp was a vft when I was 10 years old. For someone so young, I knew the basics about cp. Acidic soil, distilled water, tray system, but I never knew about dormancy ???

I got my first plant, a VFT, when I was somewhere around 6 to 8. Ofcourse it died and many more after that. It didn't help that the lady that sold it to me told me to feed it hamburger meat(which I did..). SHEESH!! I do remember one catching an albino cockroach, the only prey I can remember any of my plants catching before I killed them with shade/tapwater/planting them in the garden box.

So just about every year when the Fair child tropical garden ramble would open I would get a new carnivore. My youth kill total is probably somewhere around 5 VFTs, 1 or 2 S. purpurea, 1 random upright Sarracenia.. If only they had included grow instructions. :cry:

A VFT.... and then another... and then another... and... until I got it right.

Back