What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You saw a nepenthes where!?!

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
This weekend I was at huge Fair/Festival in the city of Cranger in Germany, and was on my way to the tent celebrating Bavarian liquid culture.... and saw a tent that was selling interesting plants. As it turns out, they had about 6 or 7 fairly large N. Ventratas for sale at the cost of 500 points. I have no idea how much 1 point cost, but I am guessing from the venue that it was probably expensive. Sadly, I did not have a camera with me at the time. Interest enough, the plants were in excellent condition, with the huge clump of pitchers that ventratas are known for. I was pretty surprised.

That's pretty cool. My friend Jenny said that when she went to Amsterdam she saw all these flower shops with big (basket-sized) Neps for the equivalent of about $13-15 and wanted to buy them for me. I wish the phytosanitary certifications wouldn't have made it preposterously expensive.
~Joe

Back