What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yay!

My seeds finally found their way to my dorm and I have just planted them
smile.gif
 1/2 are in pure water the other sitting in little icetray pots
smile.gif
 Now will see wich methoid is most effective if their is a difference
wink.gif
 Yay!

I heard from alot of friends that carnivorous plants can sometimes be a little difficult to grow.I hope it works though.
smile.gif

Hi darcie, what kind of seeds did you get? I tried the same thing with D. capensis and had much better germination with the pure water than I did with peat moss. I'm curious to see if you have the same results.

Good luck with the experiment
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ Oct. 01 2002,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi darcie,  what kind of seeds did you get?  I tried the same thing with D. capensis and had much better germination with the pure water than I did with peat moss.  I'm curious to see if you have the same results.

Good luck with the experiment
smile.gif
.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have D. capensis, D. Alicia (sp?) and D. Spatulata.
smile.gif
I am useing a peat mix, not the moss, because I've already had less luck with the moss and my flytraps (I've only had one plant at a time and the healthiest have been the ones in peat...
sad.gif
To bad I didn't know about dormancey then and through out "dead" plants) So yah, this will be a good way to compleat the testing
smile.gif
Round it out. Oh and my I also add that the peaple who sent me seed via waxpaper have a great idea their, I'm going to be a copycat and do that with my seeds next year
smile.gif
I hope I get seeds anyways, lol.

Back