What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YAY for Lowe's!

glider14

Always a newbie
i love Lowe's! i went there today and they had several plants. D. adaele, S. Minor, and the awesome D. Californica(but was sadly not looking very well...all brown no sign of life) i got an S. minor and a big adaele! my question is with S. minor. when i got it it was in one of those cubes and it looked like it had just phylodia. does S minor have phylodia?!?! it has only one nice looking pitcher and it has that hood form. i put it outside and already its wilting! just a change in humidity? will it recover? and why does it have philodia this late?
thanks
alex

I don't know about anything else, but I can say the my S. minor puts up the odd phyllodia every so often.

thanks!...anyone else?
alex

Prolly what appars to be phyllodia could in fact be actual leaves that formed without enough light, if there is one actual pitcher on it. the light outside is likely way more than it was getting- might be best to give heem some partial shade, maybe shadecloth til the little fellow gets used to the right conditions, that should work for you even if it does sound simple
biggrin.gif

Back