What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow

when you have 3 science classes eating it
smile.gif
I just fineshed a Lab where I had to write my first scientific journal article.
tounge.gif
the horror! Actually, it was sort of fun, just time consumeing. a good 20 hours just in writing the thing, never mind compileing and collecting the data. It was on the woods at my school, ooooo. Concluetion? Second growth beech maple forest, woopty do, lol
wink.gif

So, while I've been in school land whats been happening here? I killed my capensis seedlings... er well watched them die as I sat their helplessly with no distilled water. The other plants (who are less water dependent) were not phased a bit by my water shortage (THANK GOODNESS). However, I have the FREAKIEST thing ever going on with my large trap making VFT. It's it's... it's making big oval leaves. Yah, the traps are fine, but the petiols are 3 inches long by 2 inches wide on some of the leaves! Talk about bizar! Well, thats about it for me, you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, I have the FREAKIEST thing ever going on with my large trap making VFT. It's it's... it's making big oval leaves. Yah, the traps are fine, but the petiols are 3 inches long by 2 inches wide on some of the leaves! [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the onset of dormancy. Check out the dormancy thread at the top of General Discussions for more info.

Steve

Yah, I know it's dormencey, it's just freaky extream dormency, lol. I've had VFT's for... lets see... can't remember, a long time. Just this one is new and it's dormancey is supa funky

Back