What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow.....

upper

Capensis Killer
my sarracenia tarnok... the latest pitcher just opened up yesterday, today i came home, and it was FILLED, leaving about half an inch until the top of the pitcher... the pitcher is about 7 inches tall... all my other sarracenia have also been catching alot of insects lately, but WOW, filled to the top in 1 day.my VFT also caught like 6 mosquitos... in 1 night...

any of yours caught alot of bugs lately?

Sir Charles is almost always nearly full up and one of my Sarrs catches gnats all the time :)

my sarracenia tarnok... the latest pitcher just opened up yesterday, today i came home, and it was FILLED, leaving about half an inch until the top of the pitcher... the pitcher is about 7 inches tall... all my other sarracenia have also been catching alot of insects lately, but WOW, filled to the top in 1 day.my VFT also caught like 6 mosquitos... in 1 night...

any of yours caught alot of bugs lately?

It's prime time for leucos, so expect more to come. :D

Yep. all of my Sarras are filled to the brink, thank god for the new fall pitcher shooting up. Everytime i go outside i hear the Buzz of something trapped in my pitchers...it usually is a yellow jacket, my VFTs and Sarras have caught tons of things recently....ear wigs, yellow jackets, a couple of moths and a butterfly even.

My alata x oreo is a wasp mass murderer. Takes only a day or two for a new pitcher to be filled.

Not a sarr, but my N. sanguinea had 3 wasps in it when I took it in for the year.

It's prime time for leucos, so expect more to come. :D

impossible statement... pitcher's full. its topped off with a dead fly. by top i mean, you dont even have to move the lid to the side to see the inside of the tube. you just look at it straight and it'll be there. all 3 pitcher's full. dana delight is filling up half way, same with judith hindle. VFT caught a spider with a big red&black butt, looks really scary..

I watch the wasps and yellowjackets fly around, land, take a peak inside, and then fly to another pitcher, land,....

impossible statement... pitcher's full. its topped off with a dead fly. by top i mean, you dont even have to move the lid to the side to see the inside of the tube. you just look at it straight and it'll be there. all 3 pitcher's full. dana delight is filling up half way, same with judith hindle. VFT caught a spider with a big red&black butt, looks really scary..

LOL. Watch out for birds trying to get an easy meal. In doing so, they may tear up the pitchers. :)

LOL. Watch out for birds trying to get an easy meal. In doing so, they may tear up the pitchers. :)

Lol, that reminds me of when a hummingbird came and licked my VFT.

Back