What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, viable seed

I will post a picture tomorrow, but "WOW". My "Gran Sabana" flowered and produced seed. I thought that germinating it might prove difficult, but "WOW". So far I have more than 20 plantlets and they are still coming up. What a wonderful plant
biggrin.gif

Rose, you ought to open up a nursery!

Those are my retirement plans. I hope.

Keep an eye on U.calycifida Rose.. it is always appearing in other plant´s pots, sometimes difficult to erradicate. It´s a very nice plant but can get out of control.

Hmmm. I don't think i'd mind having calycifida as a weed!

When do the seeds mature? There are little seed pods forming on my plant, but i don't want to pick the flower stem off too soon...

Utricularia pods are very frustrating. One day a pod full of unripe seeds, the next open pods containing zilch. I have taken to bending the scape down, and affixing it with a bit of tape, CAREFULLY, to the side of the pot, so that the scape is horizontal, and then place an envelope directly beneath the pods, aiming to get the pods inside the envelope as much as possible. If I miss the pod opening, some seed makes it into the envelope. Seed pods that are closed, but brown, probably have ripe seed.

Back