What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would lack of dormancy cause this?

I have several plants from a greenhouse that I believe has never allowed for a dormant period mainly because of the fact they are left in a greenhouse year round and there are no employees in the winter. My question revolves around little to no growth on the part of a variety of sars. s. psittancia, s. leco, s. alata, are all plants I bought at this greenhouse, and if you didn't know better, would think they were in dormancy already. I divided the s. alata to a point, but the other plants are just blah. I have lost almost all of my s. leucos which are upwards of ten years old, and it is just concerning me. these are the only plants that are showing these signs. How much 'life' would it take out of these plants (I'd say the average age plant here is about five) will this take from them?

It's kinda like pulling an allnighter while driving on an interstate.

They will become weaker and weaker and die eventually unfortunately. I'd uproot them and get them in the fridge.

Back