What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would a N. Ventricosa survive a week long trip in a car?

I just ordered a N. Ventricosa and it should be here by Friday. I am moving in a few weeks, and will be on the road for about a week. I am bringing my N. Ventricosa and I need to know if it would survive in the car with me. We will be able to stop every night so I can set the plant down.

lol! that would be an interesting thing to try. lol! I am betting that the plant will survive as long as the inside of the car doesn't get too hot. If it does...the plant will just cook inside.

I just ordered a N. Ventricosa and it should be here by Friday. I am moving in a few weeks, and will be on the road for about a week. I am bringing my N. Ventricosa and I need to know if it would survive in the car with me. We will be able to stop every night so I can set the plant down.

Haha - I'll be in the same boat in about 2 months, except I'll have about 2 dozen plants to bring along! I might have to ship them - but I really want to avoid that to avoid damage. I'm just planning on keeping the a/c on and letting them air out. I think you'll be fine.

Nepenthes have been known to withstand up to 2 weeks in a package while being shipped internationally. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just keep it packaged securely so as not to have it rattle around causing damage to the plant.

Daniel

I the hotel I put my scorpoides and binata under the hotels CFLs they made the trip from california to oregon :D

I put my Ventricosa and other Nepenthes in the car for a week while we were moving. It didn't pitcher for a month after but it didn't die!

dude cancel your order if you are going to move soon buy it once you have moved to your new location that away the plant doesn't have to acclimate to new conditions twice, as for ventricosa I think yes it might take a beating but it could recover it depends if your car is sitting in the hot sun and alot of stuff.

Ewps.... its already got shipped

It should be perfectly fine, just put it somewhere in the car out of the sun and whenever you stop roll down the windows a little bit. Ive traveled with neps over several days a couple of times such as N. izumiae, truncata, sp#1, ventricosa x inermis, and singalana without showing any stress at all.

Back