What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOT german sim card

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
I purchased a german T-mobile sim card for my mobile phone, it arrived today... put it in the phone and all appears well (phone is unlocked and quad band), just to see what happens I tried calling the number from my home (USA). Since the phone is here with me, I expected it to go to my german voice mail

the prepaid sim card doesnt have any minutes on it yet, but it was my understanding that it could still be called to but not called from at this point.. supposedly it was already activated before it was shipped to me from Germany... then once there i can get minutes via prepaid card

errr anybody with international t-mobile prepaid sim card experience? ???

TIA,
Av

Do you speak German?

Schade, ich suche immer Jemand, mit wem ich Deutsch reden kann.

Whatever happened to Phissionkorps? He was fun to speak German with!

LOL, sorry dude... but I did try for a bit back in school, along with a couple other languages... sheesh cant remember anything now, that was errrr a day or two ago

Av

Schade, ich suche immer Jemand, mit wem ich Deutsch reden kann.

I can read it. Just don't ask me to write it. :p

Oh Davy ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch, aber ich werd' nicht alles verstehen. :p Meine Mutter kommt aus Bonn, aber sie wird kein Deutsch mit mir sprechen. It brings back terrible memories of her mum, I guess...such a loss for me.

-Ben

i need to learn german Ive wanted to for so long

Back to the original topic:

Yes, my family has a bit of experience with this. I know my mother normally buys a temporary cell phone when she goes to Germany. I'll ask tomorrow and see if I can get your question answered.

The surprise is just that you couldn't call the phone, correct?

Est,

yes... exactly, there was no indication of it ringing on the other end, it didnt go to voice mail nor was there any type of error message... it was just silent for a few moments then disconnects.

and ive checked and rechecked the number

Ive emailed the sim card source as well...

Av

Update:

I got the response from the sim card source,

They are telling me to dial 0049... I was trying to dial 01149xxxxxxxxxx, I thought 0049xxxxxxxxxx was when you were trying to call Germany from another European country.. but 011 was used for USA to Germany access...

so if im right then why would I have to use 0049?

heck, even the paperwork that came with the sim card said to use 011 for USA to Germany calls

now I am really confused..
Av

Last edited:
I was right... suppose to dial 011

I dont understand why, but seems to be working just fine this morning.

Situation resolved,
Av

Back