What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wisconsin church shooting

Well...this is definately an odd bit of information gathered by the good folks over at Metafilter.

There was a shooting this past Saturday in a Wisconsin church, which unfortunately resulted in eight people being killed(More info ). As the above link describes, one of the Metafilter readers noted in an article that the shooter, Terry Ratzmann, was involved in horticulture. So the reader did a simple Google search and ended up finding an e-mail address. Based on that e-mail address they guessed what his personal webpage might have been if he established one with his ISP.

And it turns out that he did in fact have a webpage, and it was for Carnivorous Plants. The page is still up at the moment, you can view it here.

Kind of makes me wonder now if I have ever seen the guys site before this had happened. I've done Google searches for lots of CP sites, and they all sorta blur and look familiar...but maybe somebody out there will recognize having been to it. Either way, sorta odd and creepy in some sense.

Well, maybe the voices told him to do it. You know, the voices all CP growers hear. Yeah, right. Too bad he will be linked to folkswho grow CP. Sorry people died at the hands of this lunatic.

I bet it was thouse stupid little dots that whirled around the arrow. (If you go to the page). That would be the mark of a madman, no one else would have those things.

i liked the dots...
smile.gif

I didn't see any dots.
None of his links worked either, only the ones to Barry rices and the icps site worked.

Thank god his right to bear arms against the innocent people in his church was protected by the constitution...of course, he forgot the "well regulated militia" part. Most gun freaks do.  

And to think...Illinois is going to pass a concealed carry law soon.  

I don't think the cp community is going to suffer any fall-out from this. Hopefully, the gun-nut community WILL.  Cp-owning was just one part of this individual's sick personality.

And I say this as one coming from a family of gun-nuts, LOL!  Over 500 handguns, shotguns and rifles and counting!  Don't worry...they're "collectors".  Everyone needs a semi-automatic, right? Including the .50 calibre Desert Eagle my sister has. It's an awesome handgun, and has a muzzle-flash and report that makes people sit up and take notice!  Someon'e signature here reads: "Soap, ballot, jury, ammo ...the 4 boxes, and in the order they should be used."   April

killed himself, too.

I wish all murderers would kill themselves too. That would sure save other people a whole lot of trouble.

I saw his house on the news and in the back yard there was a small fenced in area that appeared to be an inground bog.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
And to think...Illinois is going to pass a concealed carry law soon

Too bad Wisconsin didn't have a concealed permit law. Somebody probably could have stopped him before he killed all those people.

Here's a link to the story from the yahoo news site:
Wisconsin shooting

Also creepy is the fact that the guy was a member of the CP listserv and his postings can be found...Listserv

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Mar. 13 2005,11:19)]Too bad Wisconsin didn't have a concealed permit law. Somebody probably could have stopped him before he killed all those people.
On and odd and sorta similar note, I have a relative in Georgia(though I always forget exactly what city) where you are required to carry a own and carry a gun if you're over 18. Needless to say, there is basically no crime from the residents ;)

Now for the out-of-towners who are passing through and decide to try something, I've heard its quite amusing when half a dozen people suddenly pull guns on the thief.

Read the last one on the 2nd page quite odd I would say. Even psychotic.

The yahoo page mentions that:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He worked for an employment agency and had been assigned to a health care company.

Check out the post on the listserve titled "Re:tuning forks used" on the 29 of Jan. 2003.

After reading some of his posts I remember him.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

27 th of Jan 2003
OMG 28th of Feb 2003 is so psychotic I can't believe it

I can't see how you'd forget

Ever had anyone pull a gun on you?  Well, I have.  A few times. It's not much fun.

I find it greatly amusing that the people who most want concealed carry live in the very safest neighborhoods. Are they afraid of the yuppie neighbors?  

While the last thing people who live in bad neighborhoods want is more concealed carry! Heck, most gang-bangers do concealed carry.  I think people who love guns should be forced to live in bad neighborhoods where there is plenty of gunfire and guns.  Send your kids to school there!  Teach 'em to hit the floor!   

Concealed carry wouldn't have solved the issue in that church, it would have ended in even more fatalities.  April

I heard about that. What a terrible tragedy.
smile_h_32.gif
I wonder what in the world goes on in someone's head to make them take the life of innocent people.

And right on top of the shootings in Atlanta.
confused.gif

His name sounds kind of familiar to me now...maybe I've seen his website or posts on the listserv or something.

i dont see anything psychotic about his posts. weird, yes, but not psychotic.

Back