What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

winter, what will thay look like

hi, i am new at this and dont know what look for this winter, i have a bog pond net to my koi pound and it is full of picture plants, thay have done great all summer but what will thay do this fall, will thay keep some folage or will it all dye off till spring, when will thay start back, etc... i live outsie Atlanta GA. Thanks

Hey Curtis,

Another Atlantan. Woo-Hoo!!!

Most Sarrs will keep a fair amount of foliage through the winter so the pitchers should remain on though the older ones will probably brown to about half way down.

You will want to cut down on moisture during the winter and keep the soil only damp. You might want to consider mulching but the winters here seem mild enough so I wouldn't say it is a must do thing.

Growth tends to resume in March-April

Hope all this helps

Pyro

thanks for the info Pyro, i have some VFTs in there as well, well thay do ok? i love this bog pond with all the cps in it i just hate to see the cps to have to nap this winter, but spring well be fun. thanks!
biggrin.gif

Curtis,

The VFTs will do fine under the same treatment
smile.gif

Back