What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windward Orchid Show ***dial-up warning***

Here are some pics of the Windward Orchid Show, which is going on this weekend in Honolulu.

WindwardOrchidShow2006042.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006009.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006039.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006005.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006037.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006011.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006017.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006018.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006031.jpg

WindwardOrchidShow2006040.jpg

I bet I can grow a better dandelion than those Hawaiians.

Nice paphs!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I bet I can grow a better dandelion than those Hawaiians.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

i got a funny story for you all. my grandma pampers me(i dont like it) and she knows what some orchids look like(in this story we are using Cattelaya(spelling?)) she bought me a "cattelaya" orchid and as it turns out it was a daffodill. haha
anyways nice plants to anyone on the forums that was in that show. and nice pictures Tropics. there was an orchid show in Indiana(state above me) and i was going to go and i was so excited(first show)...and my dad messed up his schedual and we couldnt go...
mad.gif
mad.gif
. WE NEVER HAVE ORCHIDS SHOWS AROUND HERE!! im very mad
alex
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Mar. 26 2006,11:04)]The Kentucky Orchid Society website - http://www.kyorchidsociety.org/ - says a show will be in Louisville next month. Links to orchid societies and lots of other orchid-related things can be found at http://www.orchidmall.com.
woohoo! i tried to bring up the site and it says 'Can't contact servlet runner at localhost:6703' so i cant see anything anyways i live like 10 miniutes from Louisville so im rely excited now!
alex

In case your computer doesn't like the site or vice versa, here's the text from the show page:

The 2006 show will be the 22nd and 23rd of April at Executive Inn.
Set-up is Friday the 21st, with Judging starting Saturday morning the 22nd.
The Show and Sales area are open to the public both Saturday, Noon til 6, and Sunday, 10 til 4.

(The map they link shows it's next to the Louisville airport.)

The 2nd orchid picture looks a lot like daffodils, though I know daffodils don't flower that way. What species is it?

Holy Cannoli!! What stunning flowers! That must have been some show to see. I would love to go to an orchid show. I still favor the paphs and phrags but I don't think there is any orchid flower that's not beautiful.

I'll be checking this spring for the cypripedium I found at the park near my house. I'm worried about it because its growing right in the walking path.
confused.gif

Back