What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window box question.....

ok my Sars( a smallish Tarnok and Judith Hindle) arent getting enough light under my florecents and i dont have a good window to put them in and outside is out of the question. however my boss has told me i can put them in a large south facing picture window at work if the pot looks nice. well i can get a nice looking window box w/o a drain hole at the local hardware store. if i put the individual pots in that and surround them in moist sphagnum with water constantly sitting in the bottom will they get enough humidity? also will D. capensis and D filiformis ssp filliformis grow in these conditions? its to large a box to justify just the Sars.

Rattler

I guess it would depend on your local climate.  Which I unfortunately know nothing about ;<  I generally do advocate experimenting and trying new things though.  You might be pleasently surprised at the results.. or unpleasently.  Just use caution, watch carefully and don't use plants that you are not prepared to seriously damage/kill during the process if things don't work out positively.

Tony

climate? varies GREATLY day to day. ill give them another week or so to harden them off in lower humidity in the rubbermaid they are in now and give it a try.

Rattler

Back