What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilting S.minor hoods

i went out to check on my sarras and vfts today, and noticed that the hood of the first minor leaf of the saeson is wilting alittle in te front. Any reason why? It gets about 6 hours of ful sun and is forming a flower. I water it via tray method and the other sarracenia with it (judtih hindle, prupurea) are thriving. Any tips? thanks-Zach

Hi,
It could be too little humidity, or getting too hot. What other conditions are you giving it?

Its outdoors, gets about 5-6 hours of sunlight. Its in a 6 inch pot and surrounded with its other temperate potted cp's. Its in a water saucer so it gets some humidity from that. I mist it in the morning. Theres not much to say about it. Hopes this helps you help me. thanks-Zach

Hi Zach,
Try compressing the potting media firmly and adding some compost as sometimes the roots need good contact with the soil to take up water.

Back