What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this do for now?

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
So I went on search for plastic pots at HobbyLobby (since I was there) and did not find any, so I will be running to Lowes or somewhere to get one that is bigger.

Will this do for now? (until Wednesday) Is that deep enough for a soaking cup?
DSC05397.jpg

That will do just fine.

Can't wait to see outside! How are your hermies? :-))

Hey Ant!! Thought you might be over here somewhere!!

Im going to pot him this Wednesday, I picked up my soil mix the other day from the mail and then I have this Wed off so, he will be getting a new pot/yogurt container soon enough and then will be able to get some sunshine on the balcony with the rest of the garden. Hes doing well tho..big difference already from that picture, he looks a lot happier with his distilled water bog. :)

The crabs are good....I cant decide if I should give them a rainbow trout head tonight or not...hm...:puke:

Hey NaRnAr, thats a real nice lookin VFT ya got there, have ya trimed the dead leafs/traps off? It just helps to give them a much nicer/cleaner aperance. As far as the plastic bowls go i use them for EVERYTHING..:-D

Thanks Barracuda! He use to have a flower stalk on him but I snipped it off, I figured changing to a new home was stressful enough that it didnt need the added energy drainage of flowering.

I did cut off the black ones, right after I took the picture lol. I need to do it again...now that hes repotted :) Ive got another picture of him this morning in his new "pots" haha..a Brown Cow yogurt container and that Country Crock water dish. lol! But hes growing NEW traps :boogie:

I brought him to work today so I could set him out in the sun and make sure he didnt fry the first time out. How exciting!! *all geeked out*

You guys in the US are lucky in the respect that you can easily purchase a typical vft exhibiting natural characteristics wheras here in Aus i find all the vfts sold are cultivars with similar backgrounds featuring plants of an inbred nature.

None of the plants sold here in stores have upright leaves like that.....i'm tired of plants that only produce leaves on the ground.

You guys in the US are lucky in the respect that you can easily purchase a typical vft exhibiting natural characteristics wheras here in Aus i find all the vfts sold are cultivars with similar backgrounds featuring plants of an inbred nature.

None of the plants sold here in stores have upright leaves like that.....i'm so over prostate growers.
same we could say to you about the cephs.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Macca... I do have a questions, probably a stupid one, but..what is a prostate grower?

So its been a week or so outside I think and heres the trap now...its even caught a very large bug of some sort!:0o:
DSC05509.jpg

YUMMY!!! BIG BUG!!
DSC05510.jpg

It caught a bug? How unusual and odd ^^

It looks like it's enjoying the sun, good luck mate!

lol celox...I know how unusual! ;)

Its exciting as this is my first fly trap and my first go at taking care of them correctly...so it catching a bug is very cool...at least for me :) I cant wait to see what it caught---another first (well for me) ;)

Back