What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it survive?

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was removing some Spaghnum moss that was trying to take over my falconeri this morning. As I pluck a sprig of moss I also got my falconeri. And then I dropped it. After working for some time I was able to get it into the dirt again the way it looked before. Will it go into shock and die or will it continue growing is if nothing ever happened?
sad.gif
It is the only one I have as my other one rotted, and the other one was more healthy. Oh, I hope it makes it.

It will probably go into shock. The depending factor is on how many roots it lost. If there are only a few left, I would treat it like a leaf cutting and hope for the best.

SF

I have been treating it as a cutting since I got it. I am putting it into a light terrerium later this month and am hoping that it take off growing.

Ouch. Sorry to hear it. Good luck! It's a beautiful species.

your best bet is to not disturbe it for awhile, keep it warm but not too damp. Good luck-Zach

It might need a stay in the "hospital": put it in a ziplock bag big enough to close, and continue to give it good light and warmth until you notice new growth.

Iv'e got it in its own pot that is in one of the terreriums that you can get cps in at Lowes. Would this work as well?

Ok, thanks. I checked on it today and it has new growth appearing.

Back