What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild CP locations in Florida

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Any Floridians around?

I'm moving soon, from the North Woods down to FL, and so I'm not very familiar with the landscape or the area and what to look for in terms of native CPs. Where are some good hunting spots to find them? I'll be in Gainesville, specifically.

traitor..

Last edited:
:lol:

I don't know where in Florida you are ending up, but the Appalachicola National Forest in the panhandle is Mecca for North American CPs. Six Sarr species, dews, and ultrics are there, and I read something about naturalized VFT sites, but I am not sure of that last one.

I know my next family vacation will be within an hour of that place!

The panhandle is a CP hot spot.

traitor..

LOL, sorry. My four years in the UP are up and it's on to more schooling.

I don't know where in Florida you are ending up, but the Appalachicola National Forest in the panhandle is Mecca for North American CPs. Six Sarr species, dews, and ultrics are there, and I read something about naturalized VFT sites, but I am not sure of that last one.

I know my next family vacation will be within an hour of that place!

Thanks! I'll be in Gainesville.

The panhandle is a CP hot spot.

I figured the panhandle would be the best place just seeing range maps...but any other specific bogs or reserves to check out? I don't know the area so I wouldn't know where to start looking when I get the chance.

Back