What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wierd plants

Okay, I have three really wierd cases with my plants, that all relate, First, i have a regular VFT, That keeps switching from a dente, to a regular
rock.gif
then i have a bromeliad, that when it doesn't get enough water, and it's hot outside, it reverts back to a carnivorous one, then finally, I have a red dragon, that goes back, and forth from a regular, to a red dragon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ May 13 2004,1:22)]Okay, I have three really wierd cases with my plants, that all relate, First, i have a regular VFT, That keeps switching from a dente, to a regular
rock.gif
then i have a bromeliad, that when it doesn't get enough water, and it's hot outside, it reverts back to a carnivorous one, then finally, I have a red dragon, that goes back, and forth from a regular, to a red dragon
1. Can't answer that

2. Bromeliads don't just "switch" form carnivorous to non carnivorous. Which species of bromeliad is this? Only 3 have been known to actually absorb nutrients from dead bugs

3. Give a Red Dragon full sunlight, and you get a blood red VFT. Put a Red Dragon in shade, you get a green VFT. Same goes with Green Dragon VFTs

I have had dente flytraps have some traps with typical "teeth."

How does a bromeliad switch back and forth from carnivorous to non-carnivorous? What kind of brom is it?

As for the Red Dragon...a Red Dragon is a Red Dragon. Its a registered cultivar (I think its registered). The color will vary depending on genetics and light levels. A Red Dragon in low light will probably not be as red.

I'm pretty sure it's actually one of the few registered forms PAK.

well it's some form of Brochina, I think, thanks for the info on the red dragon (I guess i'll have to try in the son) and, the dente came in labeled "Sawtooth"

What the #$%*??
rock.gif
Something is seriously wrong with your plants dude (and it might be serously interesting as well!)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

maybe you're changing its environment too quickly (or the weather's changing too fast)?

Woohoo! 300posts at last! In a MONTH, that was quick...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Jason, one post is sufficient enough
rock.gif
And besides, post number doesnt matter at all... Who cares if I have 100 or 10,000 posts?

All this posting for nada! What a rip! I tell how can you get respect if your cp collection is no more then 10 plants in a ten gallon tank.
laugh.gif
Believe you me if I hit 10,000 posts you will be hearing it from me! I am guessing about 10,000 times.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

As for the redness I think it matter how much light they recieve during the day.

Back