What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wierd Cape Flower Growth

i noe alot of sundews like profilera and even vft's produce plantlets from their flowers, but i have never heard of that from a cape sundew grower. well, today, i found out my biggest D.capensis' alba' has produced a plantlet from itz flower. no rootz but the plant has leaves and is very dewy. having no experience with this, wut do i do?

Take a picture!!! :cheesy:

I would think that for it to produce roots you would have to bend the flower stalk down so that it touches the ground. The dampness of the soil should make it sprout roots.

Another addition to the long list of capensis oddities! :)

Is there any way you could detach the plantlet from the flower and pot it? Tristan, I am not sure how one could bend a stalk down towards the soil--the stalks are pretty rigid and wouldn't tolerate being bent much.

Yes, a picture would be nice, if possible.

Chris

(Edited by Dionaea Enthusiast at 4:55 pm on April 21, 2002)

ill try to remove the plant once the all the flowers brown. sorrie no pics cuz i dont have a digi cam! nutts!

Back