What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why suffer?

Why do my utrics always seem to slowly loose their stolons and flowers when I place them in my terrairium?
mad.gif

off the top of my head i would say not enough light.

Hi cpplantlover2 and welocme to the forums! Which ones are giving you trouble. Mine do very well on window sills, sitting in water.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cplantlover2 @ Aug. 07 2005,9:22)]Why do my utrics always seem to slowly loose their stolons and flowers when I place them in my terrairium?
mad.gif
Which Utrics are they?
And could you please discribe the conditions in your terrarium?

thye're utrics, not pings. I'd guess at lack of light and/or stale air/water.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob-Rah @ Aug. 08 2005,4:42)]thye're utrics, not pings. I'd guess at lack of light and/or stale air/water.
whoops, Il change my post

They are, U. disquamata and U. sanderonii. i have a grow-lux bulb on top and a 75 watt incandecant bulb on the side. Almost the entire terrerium is covered with tinfoil. The himidity is usually at 65 and the tempurature is usally about 75 or 80

Those particular species do wonderfully well, just sitting at a SW window sill, open tray. They spread and flower nicely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cplantlover2 @ Aug. 09 2005,2:06)]They are, U. disquamata and U. sanderonii. i have a grow-lux bulb on top and a 75 watt incandecant bulb on the side. Almost the entire terrerium is covered with tinfoil. The himidity is usually at 65 and the tempurature is usally about 75 or 80
Those really dont need a terrarium to grow nicely, my U.sandersonni 'blue flower' flowers and grows like mad on an east facing windowsill
With most of my terrestrial Utrics, I find that they dont like much sun at all
When the sun started getting stronger at th ebeggining of this summer, my sandersonii started dying
Then I put it in more shady conditions and it started growing happilly again

Back