What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was your meanest ever teacher

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
why stones?
So that they could taste the bitter irony as she pummelled them with the very stones they had just collected.  

LOL!

I may have blocked out all my mean teachers, but I had a college professor for Algorithms and Abstract Data Types.  He'd frequently yell at students, and threw chalk and erasers at them.  Especially when they repeated a question he answered earlier.  Then he gave tests which had to be done in 50 minutes, instead of a more common 3 hours for tests that size.  His justificaiton was if he could solve the test in 50 minutes, you should be able to also.  Of course he failed to realize it is much easier when you aren't coming up with the solutions.  I pulled off a 71 or so on my final, which was an absolutely amazing grade, and a B for the course.  He ended up being one of my favorite professors even tho he was the meanest.  He left the university the next year.
wow.gif

I think some of us were so traumatized by poor teachers that they have difficulty responding to this thread.  My father told me once how it was common to get your knuckles rapped by a ruler for misbehaving or even just poor penmanship.  It's good to be able to recognize when you get stuck with a lousy teacher (people get into the wrong professions sometimes - kinda like getting into the wrong marriage, too, I think  
tounge.gif
 ) & know that it is not you that is the problem, rather, it's the teacher.    
smile.gif

My meanest was my Spanish teacher in high school. Each day she would come around our desks and check to see if we did our homework the night before. She started in the back of my row and worked her way up to where I was sitting. Apparently she thought I was working on my homework while she was checking the other kids, even though I was actually just sitting there waiting for her. So when she finally checked mine she was surprised when she saw that my HW was completely done. Then she told me that she saw me working on it and so she wouldn't give me any points. I told her that I was just sitting there and I didn't even have a pen or pencil out on my desk so there was no way I could have been working on it. She didn't believe me and so she started yelling at me that I shouldn't lie to her, and that she hates being lied to, etc. Then the next time we had a quiz she came up to me in the middle of it and told me I was lucky that she wasn't going to tear up my quiz because she saw me look at another kid's quiz, even though I never took my eyes off my own paper. From then on she would stare at me continuously whenever we had a quiz or test. I'm pretty sure everyone in that class despised her.

In elementary school I had an art teacher that would tell kids how horrible their art work was. One time she had me videotape the class working on their projects since I’d finished mine early. I was just a little kid and I'd never used a video camera before and so the picture on the tape was a little shaky and jerky. The next day she played the tape for everyone in my art class and told them how embarrassed she was by the terrible job I did taping. Luckily she only got to teach one year since they fired her after that year.

Then in college this year I had a statistic teacher that could barely speak english. She would constantly ask us for the words she couldn't think of. Since she was new to english it made it nearly impossible for her to explain stat. concepts to us. One day toward the end of the quarter she told us that she never did very well in stats when she was a student. And yet she was teaching us stats!!! I actually ended up getting an A in the class since she curved the grades so high to save her job that half the people got A's and the other half got B's.

-buckeye

^ God, I hope ratman does that for us. Considering how the test grades are, he may have to just to save his job, pension or no pension.

I actually had a 2nd grade teacher that back in "87" was still pulling students by the ear and swatting on the butt, that came to halt 2 years later. Needless to say I had red ears and a raw backside most of the year
sad.gif

Joe

Back