What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Thing on new leaf's tip?

There is this white thing on a the tip of my Nepenthe Sanguinea's leaf. I know that this isn't mealy bugs cause it doesn't move or appear to have a body.
I asked a person about what it might be, and they said that it is a thing to protect the new pitchers. This nepenthes is new and I only had it for a month or so...(I am also new to growing nepenthes, as this is my first one:) ) So, what do you guys think it is????

Last edited:
I tried to put in a picture from my camcorder, but I didn't know how...Sorry

:D You need to sign up for a photo hosting site, like photobucket or imageshack. Or try the Terraforums in-house hosting page HERE.

Where in CA do you live?

I live in Lathrop, California, but I used to live in San Jose... Oh and thank you for the vid(I was thinking that the white tip was fungus).

A bit of a drive, now, to make the BACPS meetings. :p

Glad to help. Nope, not a fungus, but a growth for sure!

I know it's a little late, but I was thinking of this after I shut down the computer last night. You might want to edit out the vendor name out of your first post. Names are frowned upon here in TF.

Back