What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White powder of death?

yup they are right next to/under the shed, thats what i mean though when i say the shed looks similar to the mealies i have, i know mine are not aphids but i will take a pic tomorrow if i can rind them, it has been raining for 2 days straight now so some might have been washed off

It rained a lot yesterday, and the flecks of white are gone. Maybe it was really pollen???? I'm cautiously optimistic, and will check the plants in the mini-bog for signs of damage.

false alarm..:lol:

also with as little as is known about the imidicloprid and it's long term effects on the environment, that is in the bayer systemic, I have had very good results with it and if carefully applied.....don't be scared of the "hard stuff", it works. :)

Do you have a linden or other flowering tree over or next to your bog at all? Lindens drop a tragic amount of sticky pollen specs. that can easily blow around for a short distance.

I had this grainy white stuff getting on my cephalotus that for a while I thought was mold. Turns out it was sodium from bricks I use to hold the water tray up inside the tank. Once I moved the plants to another tank the problem went away and I confirmed a sodium buildup.

Not saying that's it, but it could be something similar. Sodium hurts plants, so I hope you don't have that issue like I did.

After monitoring the plant for a few weeks I haven't noticed any stunted growth...It seems that after a few rain storms the residue washed away.

Back