What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White fluffy stuff...

Ok, here's the story. I needed something to prop up some plants, so I decided to use a dried catnip stem. After two days in a terrarium, I noticed the catnip stem was cover in white fluffy stuff and also had a few yellow specs on the actual stem. I pulled out the stem and any of the peat that had the white on it...none of it was actually ever touching any of my plants that I could see.

1) Is this just mold?
2) Anyone think that the plants in the tank may be affected?

confused.gif

Yes, that is mold. Hopefully it wasn't in the terrarium long enough to affect your plants.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Feb. 13 2003,1:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, that is mold.  Hopefully it wasn't in the terrarium long enough to affect your plants.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
That's what i'm hoping. It wasn't there the night after I put it in, but then I increased the amount of light in a day by 2-3 hours and the next day it was all over the stem. I'm guessing that it was already on the stem and maybe just dormant since the RH outside of the terrarium is at most 4%, so when I put it into the moisture and light it just kind of bloomed. I'm gonna keep an eye on it, just not sure if I should treat it with anything yet.

Back