What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White dots?

On the soil of my seed tray that I have 2 types of Drosera and one type of Pinguicula seed sowed there are little tiny white specs all over the surface of the peat. Any ideas what they are and if they are a danger to my newly emerged P. lusitanica seedlings?

Could it be mold?

Could it be the P. lusitanica? They're kind of a bright yellow more than green sometimes. Pull one out and see what's attached. Maybe get a magnifying glass.
~Joe

My magnifying glass is useless. You can't see anything that well with overhead lighting and it's all scratched up. I'm pretty sure they aren't the lusitanica seedlings. I know what they look like. These are just really tiny white specs. REALLY tiny white specs. I can't even pick one up it's so small. They're just kinda there. They don't seem to be hurting anything...

Sounds like fungus to me

Increase the circulation of the air around the pot(the seedlings are probably too small to use a fungcide with no ill effects) if it gets worse get a pair of tweezers and carefully remove it

Well, I managed to grab one today and it was kind of like..a really small rock. Like maybe perlite dust or something but.. I haven't used perlite in a while. I'v never experienced this kind of fungus before. But if it gets out of control I'll be sure to destroy it.

Back