What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White box photographs of a Pacific tree frog

• Thread starter ECooper
  • Start date
Last weekend I went out to mow the lawn and happened upon this little Pacific tree frog (Pseudacris regilla). I scooped it up to save it from the mower and of course to take the opportunity to take some photos for my blog. I opted to take it into the house and photograph it in a white box. It would have been nice to have photographed it in its natural surroundings, but it wasn’t likely to pose for me after being picked-up. Besides, I thought that the soft lighting of the white box would make for some nice pictures while the box itself would help contain the critter during the shoot.

Olympus OM-D E-M5; Zuiko 12-50mm ƒ/3.5-6.3 zoom and Zuiko 35mm macro; manual exposure (F11-16 @ 1/125 sec); Vivitar 283 flash and VP-1 Vari-power adapter (1/16 power); ISO: 200

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

treefrog white 3 sharp copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

treefrog white sharp copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

That's brilliant, Ernie! Nice work.

still loving your work Ernie,keep it up

Amazing as always!

p.s: I can't wait for you to take photo of some iridescent creature.

Metallic green bee? Nooo, Chrysina gloriosa! Or how about a simple yet elegant blow fly? They come in sooo many colors!

Wow, I didn't think my "subtle" trick would work hehe. It's more fun when it's a random experience and you tell how it came to be. Thanks though, anything from you is worth viewing anyway.

thanks for sharing your nice work

Back