What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Plant?

• Thread starter Cobra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    humidity
C

Cobra

I would like to bring a CP into my work enviornment to attract some of the insects, but I am not sure which plants would work in a lower humidity enviorment. Any suggestions?

Hey Cobra,

If you are looking for something that can take less humidity, I would try a Venus Flytrap or Pitcher Plant ( Sarracenia ).

You could do a Sundew or Butterwort and just cover the plant at night to up the humidity, or mist the plant.

There are also some Nepenthes that are somewhat tolerant of lower humidity. But not many.

Most carnivorous plants are not suited to a work room(unless it is outdoors) because they appreciate a lot of lighting. Growing them in a terrarium with artificial lights can work, but with a low humidity environment the carnivorous plants might need a covering to conserve humidity. This will block out the insects though...sarracenia, venus flytraps, pygmy droserae can tolerate low humidity quite well.

Hey Cobra
smile.gif
Welcome to the forums!!!
I might suggest going with a cobralilly
smile.gif
just for name sake If you are not familiar with them they are very cool looking.
And also this site has them in stock I just recieved mine and am very impressed with how healthy it is
smile.gif
i dont know if its listed here on the site yet but if you email Jeff~Jaie or Phil they can hook you up
smile.gif

Back