What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which pitcher plants is this?

• Thread starter pasoftim
  • Start date
Pitcher_plant.jpg

Can some one help me with this one? Not sure which it is....... Thanks for any help
Jim

Looks like a S. x wrigleyana.

It also looks like S. x Dixie Lace.

Thanks.. Got it at franks greenhouse.. it was dieing so asked to make it cheaper..... for a buck...yeah!!!
rolleyes.gif
What plants crossed to make this one...

Thanks again

Here are a couple photos of my S. x wrigleyana from pft. I believe S. x Dixie Lace has venation down the entire length of the pitcher. S. x Dixie Lace also does not contain any white coloration.

S_wrigleyanaPlant.jpg

S_wrigleyanaPitcher1.jpg

S_wrigleyanaPitcher2.jpg

HI Nick

Great looking plant, You grew it very well seems you have a green thumb!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NickHubbell @ Aug. 10 2003,8:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks like a S. x wrigleyana.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I was gonna say it looks like my S. wrigleyana too.  I think 'Dixi Lace' lacks the white spots on the hood.  From the pics I saw they had a sort of green color instead of white.

Looks like S. wrigleyana to me as well. Appears to have psittacina parentage. Dixie Lace has a much more open, flared hood (or at least mine did).

My 2-cents which is worth exactly that.
smile.gif

My S. Wrigleyana doesn't have the nice red coloration.  Does it need lots of light to obtain it?  Mine is only green and white.  
confused.gif
 It looks more like the one pictured in the PFT store Wrig pic.  Any suggestions on how to improve colouration?

SF

I grow both wrigleyana and 'Dixie Lace' The plant in question is wrigleyana. The parents for wrigleyana are leuco x psitt.

Falcon,

Yes indeed it needs bright light to get good colour. Mine had a nice red flush to it before I moved. It is now 2 weeks after we moved in and my plant has been in full sun since the move, it is almost solid red with white spots. Very nice indeed

my honest guess would be saracenia wrigeyana...

i vote s. x wrigleyana and am very sure of it .

What about this x Scarlet lace?

http://www.agristarts3.com/sawri.htm

The wrigleyana in photos I looked at seem too pale. I have the same unidentified plant as in the original post (as far as I can tell from one photo) so I'm interested to know what it is too.
smile.gif

Did you mean: Sarracenia x 'Scarlet Belle'?

If so, Sarracenia x wrigleyana 'Scarlet Belle'.

i wish that it was more easier to identify plants , such as sticking a syringe in the plat and extracting the liquid from it and find the dna in it that matches other plants , too bad i don't think this has ever been done yet .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you mean: Sarracenia x 'Scarlet Belle'?
If so, Sarracenia x wrigleyana 'Scarlet Belle'. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Uh... I wish I knew what I meant  
wow.gif
 Yes, Scarlet Belle, I didn't realize it was a wrigleyana. Carry on
wink.gif

Back