What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
Were can i find cheap purifeid wata

Most supermarkets have a machine out front that looks like a coke machine. Make sure that it says either distilled or at least "low sodium" water, however. That's probably the cheapest way. Otherwise, collected rain water is free!

Capslock

Some stores also have RO water dispensing machines. The initial cost is when you have to pay for the container. There after refills are fairly inexpensive. For me it's 33¢ a gallon to refill my two 5gal jugs.

I guess it depends where you live. Here in Lincoln, NE it's normally .27/gallon refill and once in a blue moon, they have a sale for .09/gallon refill. I used to go nuts. I have a sleeve(4
alien.gif
of empty jugs just for that purpose.
A friend hooked up a RO unit for me, but we can't get it to work yet
sad.gif

Regards,

Joe

There is also just plain ol' off-the-shelf distilled water by the jug. Sometimes its in the water section of a grocery store but if not check the laundry/cleaning agents area (distilled water is recommended for irons). Distilled water usually runs anywhere from 50 cents to 99 cents a gallon. Don't pick up spring water or "drinking water". Thats not the same as pure water. Not every water dispenser in a store is dispensing PURE water, so check to make sure before you jug your own.

And as mentioned, rain is free! Be like every CPer and have jugs, buckets and barrels sitting around your yard for rain collection.
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

Walmart's by me have it for $0.57 a gallon with no deposit. Any supermarket like everyone is saying should. A lot of people use distilled water specifically for a lot of things.

Just a suggestion. Before you spend a bunch of money buying pure water, check your local tap water. Thare are a lot of areas where the regular city tap water is just fine for CPs. I am fortunate to live in such an area. If you are concerned about chlorine, let it sit in an open container for a day and it will "gas-off" and the water will be just fine.

Back