What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to make a website

• Thread starter obregon562
  • Start date

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hi all.

I've been trying to make a website since august at least. i cant seem to find a good host. I want a website that is JUST .com and not .myverizon.com or something like that.

Who do you guys with websites host with? how about you, adner?

Thanks,
Frankie

I use freewebs.com,it's a easy to use website builder.

Jerry

i'll go check that out! thanks!

Jerry,
I do not think that site will work for what he's looking for. It will still have freewebs.com/...

obregon562,
I do not think you will find what your looking for for free. If you do, let me know.
The only way I know not to have myverizon.com or something like that, is to pay for your site.
I'm cheap and that is why mine are mysite.verizon.net/......

Yes it will be freewebs.com/ and your site as Steve has pointed out.I don't think you will find a free website ending in .com.

Jerry

oh yes, i know.

im not looking for free.

im looking for a service someone has good expierience with. Im currently looking at godaddy.com

are they anygood?

I use 1and1 for my registration of names and server space. Very reliable, pretty decently priced from what I see... But I've never used any other to compare the service to...

http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7129870

-Andrew

I have Dreamweaver to build my websites, it's easy for someone mostly unfamiliar with html since you can put pages together like in Quark X Press or the old Adobe Pagemaker programs (drop text boxes and image boxes) or switch over to html once you learn it, I have yet to and have used the software for 5+ years now!

As far as hosting I go through http://www.hostultra.com you can register domain names for $9 per year and choose from any number of site hosting programs. I have the unlimited storage and bandwidth setup where I can store all my various domains in one main account (there is no domain name limit or limit to number of email forwarders) and only costs me about $100 per year but if you don't need that they have smaller sized/priced hosting programs. I get an invoice from them through paypal for it every six months. I like the one stop shopping Hostultra has plus I can use my paypal account.

Back