What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where to get bamboo?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I was wondering where I should get bamboo (not the fake lucky bamboo) to grow, I really only want one for just the love of the plant. I am not going to plant it in the ground so runners are fine. Sorry if I can't ask for places to buy non-carnivorous plants.

Keep hitting refresh on your post. Try out some of the banner ads that show up. There was a big banner a few days ago for a bamboo warehouse touting lots of different varieties and climate types.

There's also the possibility of trading.:grin: So far I'm growing three kinds of bamboo;one clumping variety and two spreading ones. I'd like to try a couple more hardy varieties. This is the black variety I tried growing. The canes are supposed to get darker as it ages.

Phyllostachys nigra

BlackBamboo.jpg

I can see the little branch is black, I think that is the one I want.

I grow seven different types here in central PA. I can probably send the below to trade for what ever you are growing just respond, email or pm.
Including
Phyllostachys aureosulcata-Golden groove
Pleioblastus pygmaeus
Pleioblastus shibuyanus-Tsuboi
Pleioblastus viridistriatus-DWARF GREENSTRIPE
Sasa palmata-PALMATA BAMBOO
Shibataea kumasaca
Phyllostachys aureosulcata- medium Golden groove?????

Back