What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to buy light fixtures?

Hey everyone. I two T12 fluorescent light bulbs(strips) but no light fixture. I went to home depot, and they sold a fixture where you have to do the wiring yourself. I am looking for something that I can just put the bulb in and turn it on. Does anyone know where I can find this? I tried walmart too. but no luck.. I guess I can try Lowes.. Actually Home Depot had something like this but its was $30 +... I am looking for something a less expensive... Should I try Pet supplies? B/c I am using a 2 1/2 gal tank and I will eventually move the plants to a 20 gal long tank. So maybe I should just spend the money on a tank hood/light. What do you guys think?

Lowes/Home Depot usually sells a 48" double fixture for like $10, otherwise you should be able to find Strip lights in 12", 18", 24", 36", 48"

Joe

You want this:

Commercial Electric
4 Ft. Shop Light
Model HBSL-15
Internet/Catalog 162474
Store SKU # 140 904
$7.25

They have it at every HD i've been to. It won't accept your inefficient T12 tubes, which is an advantage, not a disadvantage. Get some of the F32T8/TL730 Philips Alto (low mercury) tubes while you're at HD, too. Or the two-pack of T8 lamps in whichever color temp you like.

You'll have more efficient lights which will last longer and flicker much less than the T12s. All for less than $14 for the whole setup!

problem is i dont have 4 ft of space for the plant light, At most 3 ft.

Is it hard to wire these shoplights?

I think I got my 18-inch one at Lowe's... not sure, it was several years ago when I first used it for anoles.

i've seen plug and play shoplights at walmart before. prewired and everything.

the ones at walmart you can't take the bulbs out. They are glued on. kinda like a 1 time use thing.

Back