What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where should I put my hamata?

Heli

villosaholic
This is a bit of a stupid question but im really paranoid because this is my first "nice" nep. I am not sure where I should place the hamata in my tank. Should it be right in front of the humidifer so that its always getting 100% humidity or can that cause the plant to rot, also the plant gets less of a temp drop at night while in front of the humidifer. My setup gets really good ventilation because its a 10 gallon so I am not sure.

Nothing should be right in the mist. It causes mold, fungus, and/or rotten death. It was just catching the tail winds of the mist while it was here.

I placed it to the right of the humidifier so that it gets a good temp drop and still gets high humidity

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I want to post pictures but my camera isnt connecting to my comp

Look as long as you have near enough to high land conditions , there really is not a problem for them , there actually not that hard to grow , give them loads of good sun light , good humidity ,good air flow and you will be right , ,dont hold back on the light , its where most people go wrong with nep's all of them will do a heap better in 70 to 80 % full sun just you need to keep that humidity up and the cool air flowing , that prevents the leaf burn and dehydration, , and for misting , i do all mine on a hourly day bases for 4 min per hour , as long as you have free draining medium like live sphag , root rot it nullified ,only when you use incorrect potting mediums to you get root rot occurring,mine get 70% direct sun and still look for more
J

Ok thanks, the hamata is in a 10 gallon tank propped up so that it is 5" from two 55watt cfls. The temps in the days are 67-70 and at night are 57-60. The humidity is never below 90% and the airflow, let me just say the fan is like half the size of the terrarium.

Back