What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you buy..................

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
New Zealand LFS?!?!?!?! all i can find is the North American variety. where can i find a mail order dealer or is someone sitting on a bunch that i could do a lil wheeling and dealing for a chunk. i have some Neps that have been growing in NZ LFS and they need to go into new pots!!!!

Rattler

I bought a large bale from CalWest Tropical (www.orchid-supplies.com, I believe). I found it by Googling "orchid supplies" and checking out a few resulting sites.

I use it for my Heliamphora collection -- some kind of reed/grass seedlings come up in every pot, but it's a minor annoyance.

You can also look at the  Orchidmall for supplies.  Somebody should have it.

Merlin

OFE International in Miami carries what they call Premium Sphagnum... It is either NZ or Chilean. They have a website which should be listed in the Orchidmall link.

Tony

I've found Chilean sphag at Lowes. Unfortunately in rather small bags but its very nice...blonde and pretty clean.

I know dean sells it at cooks carnivores.

PlantAKiss, I found 55 pounds of this for $10.00 USD
biggrin.gif

BLONDESPHAGNUM.jpg
BLONDESPHAGNUM.jpg
BLONDESPHAGNUM.jpg
BLONDESPHAGNUM.jpg
BLONDESPHAGNUM.jpg

Back